Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Inside My Home From Home

It so crazy to think that this is my last year of university. In July, I'm going to be packing my up my things and leaving Oxford, the city I have spent nearly three years in and have actually become quite attached too. I'll be moving back home to London, where I'll have to grow up, get a 'proper' job and start paying back those pesky student loans. And before I can even start properly stressing about that, I have a 10,000 word dissertation to write in the next few months. So overall, it's safe to say that this is going to be a pretty stressful year for me! 

I'm going to miss student life, and I'm definitely going to miss being in Oxford. It's such a lovely city to live in. I spent my first year of university living in student accommodation, which I can only really describe as quite an experience. And then in my second year I moved to a flat with two friends that I loved, but due to a particularly annoying landlord we decided to move again for our third year. So this September I moved into my new house. It's always strange moving into a house and knowing your not even going to be there a full year, but you still want to make it a comfortable place to be!

My housemates and I had so much fun decorating the house making it a nice and cosy place to live. We got lots of fairy lights and cushions from Primark's home section (which is great if, like us, you are shopping on a student budget) and found bunting in Hobbycraft to hang across out kitchen. My friend also gave me a huge vintage-style world map to put up on my wall - because every Geography student should have a map in their lives!

Here's a little peek into how I've decorated:


6 comments:

  1. I love this post! So cool to see new ideas for decor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so stealing some of these ideas for my own room! Loved this post x

    http://robynsnestx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooks like you have a beautiful home!
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful home! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely deco! So cosy!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks so lovely :) I love the lights. I wish you agreat last year of university :)
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...