Monday, 9 June 2014

Easy and Delicious Celery and Cashew Soup


Since I've been back home with my sister (who has also just returned from university) we've been having fun experimenting with our lunch time meals. At the moment, we are loving soups and recently we've made a sweet potato chowder and a pea, asparagus and mint soup. Today we made a celery and cashew nut soup, which was so quick and easy to make and was absolutely delicious! We always start off by following recipes but always end up doing it a completely different way! Here's how we made it:

Ingredients:
1 large potato, diced
1 large garlic clove, chopped
70g butter
5 celery sticks, chopped
150g unsalted cashew nuts
1.2 litre stock

Method:
1. Heat the butter in the saucepan, and add the potato, celery and garlic. Cook for 10-15mins.
2. Crush or blend the cashew nuts and then add to saucepan with stock mixture. Leave to simmer for 25mins.
3. Blend the mixture until smooth
4. Use leaves of the celery sticks and roasted cashew nuts to garnish. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Delicious post!!!
    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.fashionadictas.blogspot.com
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg your blog is so pretty!!! I love your posts! Wanna follow each other?! :)

    love nora xx http://uploading-my-mind.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this recipe, looks great x
    Ana xo anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...