Friday, 3 January 2014

New Year, New Me

So 2013 has just ended, and what an amazing year it was. I passed my first year of university (with what I think were pretty good grades); had two awesome holidays to Cyprus and Thailand with my family; a holiday to Greece with my friends; moved into a new flat in Oxford and finished off the year with a lovely Christmas at home surrounded by my family. All I can hope now is that this new year is going to be an equally amazing year. I already have some things planned that have me all excited for 2014!

Things I'm looking forward to:
  • My birthday! At the end of this month I'll be turning 20 (although I haven't quite decided whether I'm excited or terrified for this)
  • Plenty of concerts! This year I'm lucky enough to have tickets to see The 1975, Bastille, Frank Turner and Fallout Boy. I cannot express how excited I am for these!
  • A university funded trip to Gibraltar, where I'll spend a week with some of my best friends
  • Some friends and I are also planning a trip to Germany for the Oktoberfest so we can enjoy beer and cider to our  hearts content!

There are also plenty of other things I want to do this year and I can't wait to start planning! I also have some resolutions - although in the past I have not been entirely successful at sticking to these, it doesn't stop me making them...

My New Years Resolutions:
  • To be more positive about things
  • To take my studies more seriously
  • To blog more often and more consistently
  • To eat more healthily, exercise and lose weight 
  • To try harder at keeping in contact with school friends

Just a few days into the year, who can say what will happen, but I can only hope for the best and try my hardest to make sure that I have the year that I want to have!

Good luck to everyone with resolutions to keep to and a very happy New Year to you all!!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...