Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Festive Baking

So we've only got 7 days until my favourite day of the year, and I could not be more excited!
Today, my sisters, a friend and I were getting in the festive spirit with some Christmassy baking! The first cake we made was a chocolate sponge Snowman, covered in white chocolate buttercream, and the second one was a vanilla sponge Christmas tree covered in green buttercream.
As you can see from the pictures, baking in my house is mostly chaos!






Left to right:  Tabitha, Thea, Me and Marisa proudly posing with our cakes.

The Recipe:

The Sponge:
- 225g self-raising flour 
- 150g caster sugar
- 225g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- cocoa powder

Mix all ingredients together, making sure to sieve the flour, until ! Pour into baking tray. For the chocolate sponge, I added cocoa powder to the mix. You can add as much as you wish according to your tastes. Cook in pre-heated oven for about 25-30mins

The Icing:
- 225g icing sugar
- 110g butter
- white chocolate bar
- colour dye

Mix together icing sugar and butter until fluffy. After this you can add dye or chocolate if you wish. For chocolate icing, melt the chocolate and then mix into the buttercream.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    would you like to follow each other? Let me know. I'll follow you back immediately
    Big hug,
    Rizuna from 100% Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm yummy yummy, I wanna eat that ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that looks so yummy. I love baking, it's one of my favorite things to do && I bake a TON around Christmas. I'm following you back. :)

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, thanks for sharing.
    You are invited on my International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...