Saturday, 19 October 2013

The Streets Of London

Necklace: Warehouse / Top: Warehouse / Jeans: New Look / Bag: H&M

On Monday my sister and I had planned to go to the London Film Museum in Covent Garden, however when we got there we realised it was closed. We were gutted, but decided that we would still make the most of our day - after all it's not like there's nothing to do in central London.

We started off wandering through the antiques market in Covent Garden. There were hundreds of different stalls selling gorgeous antique jewellery, crockery, books etc. We then decided to grab lunch at Wahaca, an amazing Mexican street food restaurant - delicious! After our amazing meal, we walked, pretty aimlessly, around Neal's Yard and down to Shaftsbury Avenue, where we found Forbidden Planet. If you are a fan of comic books - like my sister - then Forbidden Planet is the place to go! The downstairs is filled with shelves and shelves of comics and graphic novels, while the upstairs has movie merchandise. When I was able to drag my sister away (all be it with plenty of shopping bags in tow), we wandered a bit further and found the Cinema Store by Leicester Square. We are both into movies, so had fun browsing the books, posters and merchandise in there. Then we went to the Hagen Daaz store for ice cream. I ordered lemon sorbet and salted caramel - a weird mixture I know, but they're both my favourite and I couldn't chose between them! On the way to the tube station we saw some interesting street acts including men dressed as Darth Vader and Spiderman. Wandering the streets of London, reaffirmed my love for the city and made me realise how much I miss living in London. Our day was finished off lounging on the sofas at home watching our favourite show, Criminal Minds. A perfect day if you ask me.



2 comments:

  1. Heya,

    love your blog and thanx for showing few glimpses of London streets.. following you at GFC and Google+..care to follow back

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    Love
    Maisha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...