Monday, 9 September 2013

The Great British Seaside

Optimistic that the UK's decent summer weather would hold up until September, some friends and I planned a trip to the good old British seaside. A friend of mine invited us to stay at his family holiday home in Dorset. We arrived on the Friday evening to a picturesque bungalow in the lovely town of Poole. On the Saturday morning, we were shown into the 'garage of activities' which held wetsuits, life-jackets, surf boards, bikes, roller blades etc. After a good time of discussing our options, we settled on a leisurely cycle, which I was a bit dubious about at first as I hadn't been on a bike for about 5 years. But as we set off towards the beach on our bikes, I found that it was actually so much fun. I was so taken aback by the beauty of the seaside, which was accentuated by the gorgeous weather. Luckily for us the sun shone bright all day and I even managed to get a bit of a tan! After a quick lunch, we found a crazy golf course to entertain us and began a pretty competitive game (of which I came last). Then we spent a couple of hours just wandering down the coast, dipping in the (freezing cold) water and admiring the beautiful views. Poole is where many wealthy people set up their holiday homes, so we also did a bit of wishful house-hunting of the huge beach-front properties.  On Sunday we had a spot of lunch by the beach before setting off back to rainy London. It was such a lovely relaxed weekend, and it has inspired my friends and I to do more road trips to British towns because there are so many beautiful places here that I have never had the pleasure of experiencing. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...