Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Peruvian Markets & Jewellery


Over the Summer I spent 6 weeks in Peru travelling and doing volunteer work at an orphanage. One of the things that I enjoyed the most was browsing the amazing markets. Everywhere we went we found places to shop from giant handy-craft markets to small pop-up stall at the top of the Colca Canyon, there shop keepers often sat knitted a hat or making jewellery as you browsed! They all offered amazing hand-made products from jumpers to pottery, everything in between and so much more. It's safe to say that we went a bit over the top when it came to shopping! But I maintain that I was half way around the world and it was probably the only time I'd ever be able to buy such products. 
I particularly loved the jewellery because of the beautiful natural stones they used to make them. Some of the jewellery i bought included a short chained necklace, for which I bought 3 different pendants. My favourite pendant is the turquoise one; I love the colour and the fact that the stone comes from Machu Picchu! I also bought a tooth necklace and a pair of chandelier earrings featuring Inca symbols and icons. Although this is only a small glimpse of what I brought back with me!
Here are some photos of the markets we visited in Peru (that is my sister and my cousin in the photos, I was behind the lens)



21 comments:

  1. lovely snapshots)) Nice post, thank you for share!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Great photos!
    Beautiful jewels!

    http://laceandchiffonblog.blogspot.co.il/2012/12/winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pics.the jewelry are so amazing!especially those necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING images!
    So inspiring!
    Great post!
    Love G xx

    http://www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! love that street shop! wanna follow each orher?
    xxxxxxxxxx

    www.lachicadelcuarto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful post! very intersting-
    great inspiration.
    lovely greets
    maren anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is what I call a market! Looks like so much fun!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post!

    Like your blog. We can follow each other of you want.

    Many kisses,

    Nicole,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice photos..great jewellery and i love this necklace with the blue stone
    There is a Firmoo GIVEAWAY going on my blog..Come to join dear

    xx
    Nelly
    http://www.e-fashiondiaries.com/
    Firmoo GIVEAWAY on blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pictures!

    from: http://only4feet9.blogspot.com visit and comment to follow each other maybe? :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, they look so good! Great pics!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous !


    Maybe you would like to follow each other ? Follow me and I’ll follow back for sure 
    BLOG
    TWITTER
    FACEBOOK
    BLOGLOVIN



    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Louisa, this is a great post. I love the jewelry from the first picture!! :)
    I am following you now, thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    xx
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That trip had to be something amazing! I'm kind of jealous! Amazing pics, I hope you spent a great time there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! I also spent 6 weeks in Peru..what I beautiful and enchanting place. Your pics made me miss it so much! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm following you now. Follow back if you like:
    http://lifeasart215.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So unique photos and stuff. I think that it would be really inspiring for you to spend so much time there.

    Hope you are good.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  17. great photos!
    https://inkaastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like your blog, nice!!!! check out my blog: http://thatsloverobyblog.blogspot.it/
    I follow you, you follow me too??? xoxo Roby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...